close window

What if I want to work out of my home?

An exception to the permit requirement for business activities outside of Hamlet areas applies to activities conducted in a manner that is "customarily incidental and subordinate" to the residential use of one's property. To not require a permit from the Agency, a home-based business would need to clearly not change the residential character of the site, it would have no more than two outside employees, and it would only require minimal signage. Whether a specific activity qualifies as a non-jurisdictional, home-based business is a decision made by the Agency on a case-by-case basis.