Forms used by the Adirondack Park Agency
Click a heading below to view Agency forms.
Jurisdictional Inquiry Form
Use this form to find out whether or not you need to apply for a permit.
Download form: Jurisdictional Inquiry Form (JIF)
- Hunting and Fishing Cabin
- Large-scale Residential Subdivision
- Residential/Subdivision Development for 16-49 Lots or Greater in Size
- Residential/Subdivision Development for 50 Lots or Greater in Size
- Single Family Dwelling, Mobile Home or Two-Lot Subdivision
- Three to Fifteen Lot Subdivision
See Also: General Permit Applications for additional expedited permit options.
- Activity Involving Wetlands
- Activity Involving Wetlands - State Agency Applicant
- On-Site Wastewater Treatment System Within 100 Feet Of Or Involving Wetlands
- Pond Construction
- State Agency Projects for Construction of Roads/Trails Involving Wetlands
See Also: General Permit Applications for additional expedited permit options related to wetlands.
- Commercial and/or Industrial Uses
- Community Infrastructure
- Community Infrastructure - State Agency Applicant
- Group Camp Uses
- Mining Activities
- Public Transportation Project
- Public Transportation Project - State Agency Applicant
- Public Uses
- Solar Generation Facility
- Timber Harvesting
- Waste Disposal Area
General Permits authorize an expedited Agency review process for the following activities:
Activities Involving Towers
- Installation of Certain New Small-Scale Wind Turbines and Wind Monitoring Masts (2009G-2)
- Installation of New or Replacement Telecommunications Towers at Existing Agency Approved Sites (2010G-1)
- Replacement of or Installation of Certain New Telecommunications Antennas On Existing Towers or Other Tall Structures (2005G-3R)
Activities Involving Wetlands
- Aquatic Invasive Species Management Using Benthic Barriers and Hand Harvesting Techniques (2015G-2)
- Aquatic Invasive Species Rapid Response Management or Containment Using Benthic Barriers and Hand Harvesting Techniques (2015G-1)
- Beaver Dams - Removal or Modification of Recent Beaver Dams and Debris by Individual Landowners (2001G-1E)
- Beaver Dams - Removal or Modification of Recent Beaver Dams and Debris by Transportation Departments (2001G-2A)
- Certain Minor Regulated Activities in APA Jurisdictional Freshwater Wetlands (2002G-3AAR)
- Herbicide Vegetation Management by NYS DOT for Guide Rail and Sign and Delineator Posts Adjacent to Wetlands in the Adirondack Park (2011G-2)
- State Land Minor Regulated Activities by NYS DEC in APA Jurisdictional Freshwater Wetlands (2005G-1R)
- Subdivisions Involving Wetlands (2011G-1)
- Terrestrial Invasive Plant Species Management in or Within 100 feet of Wetlands (2014G-1A)
- General Permit/Order for Replacement of Certain Utility Poles (2019G-1)
- Commercial, Public/Semi-Public, or Industrial Building Change in Use (2010G-3)
- Disposal of Uncontaminated Wastes from Maintenance and Construction Activities by Highway and Municipal Sewer and Water Departments (2002G-1RA)
- Hunting and Fishing Cabins Greater Than 500 Square Feet in a Resource Management Area (2005G-4R)
- Minor Projects Not In or Impacting Wetlands (2005G-2R)
- Subdivision to Convey Two or More Lots Without Principal Building Rights (2005G-5R)
To request a non-material change to a recorded permit, submit all of the information listed on the Amendment Request Checklist.
Download form: Amendment Request Checklist
Please note: before viewing any of these help documents, be aware that links to help documents are found with each form pertinent to the specific form. You may want to choose a form application first and find help information specific to your needs there.
- Application Instructions for Major Project Permits
- Consulting Aquatic Services in the Adirondacks
- Consulting Engineering Services in the Adirondacks
- Consulting Surveying Services in the Adirondacks
- Local Government Notice Form for Project/Variance Application to the Adirondack Park Agency
- Minor project permit applicants hand book
- Pre-application Instructions and Guidance
- Shoreline Variance Guidance
- Tips for Providing Hard Copy Graphics to the Agency
- Visual Analysis Methodology
Acccess to Agency Records Application
Under the New York State Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) many Agency records are available for inspection. Some records are available on this website.
Download form: Application for Access to Records
Map Amendment Application
Application to amend the Official Adirondack Park Land Use And Development Plan zoning map.
Download form: Map Amendment Application Form
Development projects in New York State
As with any development project in New York State, more than one permit may be required for your proposed activity. more...
Please check with other state agencies and your local town or village office about other regulations that may apply to your project.
Before spending time filling out any forms, it's best to check
with the APA to determine what forms may apply to your project.
For more help, contact us, or see
the Property Owners section, the Citizen's Guide, or documents in Flyers, Guidelines, or Laws, Regulations and Standards.
Filling out forms as completely as possible will aid in a more timely review. For assistance in filling out your forms, please see the instruction booklets indicated in the descriptive list of forms.