Forms used by the Adirondack Park Agency
The Agency will now only accept applications and related submissions electronically. Applicants are directed to send applications and submissions by email to APAsubmissions@apa.ny.gov. All applications and submissions should be in PDF or similar format and be legible. Electronic copies of plans must be fully scalable. Applications must contain scans of signatures affixed by hand or electronic signatures consistent with the Electronic Signatures and Records Act.
Please submit all jurisdictional inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. If unable to submit via email, hard copy submissions will be accepted but due to current circumstances delays may occur.
Click a heading below to view Agency forms.
Jurisdictional Inquiry Form
Use this form to find out if you need to apply for a permit. The new electronic jurisdictional inquiry form cannot be completed online. Instead, to complete the Agency's electronic jurisdictional inquiry form please download the form, fill it out completely, sign electronically per the instructions provided, save the form, attach a copy plus any other required documents to an email, and submit to email@example.com. If you are unable to submit via email, hard copy submissions are accepted, although delays may occur.
Download form: Jurisdictional Inquiry Form (JIF)
Wetland Delineations -The Agency will determine wetland jurisdiction or confirm the boundary of agency-jurisdictional wetlands delineated by an ecological consultant when new land use and development is proposed in proximity to known or suspected wetlands. If you are not proposing new land use or development, you may consult this list of wetland delineation/ ecological consultants.
- Large-scale Residential Subdivision
- Single Family Dwelling, Mobile Home or Two-Lot Subdivision
- Three to Fifteen Lot Subdivision
See Also: General Permit Applications for additional expedited permit options.
- Activity Involving Wetlands
- Aquatic Herbicide
- On-Site Wastewater Treatment System Within 100 Feet Of Or Involving Wetlands
- Stocking Triploid Grass Carp
See Also: General Permit Applications for additional expedited permit options related to wetlands.
See Also: General Permit Applications for additional expedited permit options related to towers.
General Permits authorize an expedited Agency review process for the following activities:
Activities Involving Towers
- Certain Modifications of Existing Towers or Base Stations (Eligible Facilities Requests)(2023G-1)
- Installation of Certain New Small-Scale Wind Turbines and Wind Monitoring Masts (2009G-2)
- Installation of New or Replacement Telecommunications Towers at Existing Agency Approved Sites (2010G-1)
- Replacement of or Installation of Certain New Telecommunications Antennas On Existing Towers or Other Tall Structures (2005G-3R)
Activities Involving Wetlands
- Aquatic Invasive Species Management Using Benthic Barriers and Hand Harvesting Techniques (2015G-2)
- Aquatic Invasive Species Rapid Response Management or Containment Using Benthic Barriers and Hand Harvesting Techniques (2015G-1)
- Beaver Dams - Removal or Modification of Recent Beaver Dams and Debris by Individual Landowners (2001G-1E)
- Beaver Dams - Removal or Modification of Recent Beaver Dams and Debris by Transportation Departments (2001G-2A)
- Certain Minor Regulated Activities in APA Jurisdictional Freshwater Wetlands (2002G-3AAR)
- Herbicide Vegetation Management by NYS DOT for Guide Rail and Sign and Delineator Posts Adjacent to Wetlands in the Adirondack Park (2011G-2)
- State Land Minor Regulated Activities by NYS DEC in APA Jurisdictional Freshwater Wetlands (2005G-1R)
- Terrestrial Invasive Plant and Non-plant Species Management in or Impacting Wetlands in the Adirondack Park (2014G-1B)
- General Permit/Order for Replacement of Certain Utility Poles (2019G-1)
- Disposal of Uncontaminated Wastes from Maintenance and Construction Activities by Highway and Municipal Sewer and Water Departments (2002G-1RA)
- Minor Projects Not In or Impacting Wetlands (2005G-2R)
- Subdivision to Convey Two or More Lots Without Principal Building Rights (2005G-5R)
This application is for an amendment to an existing Adirondack Park Agency permit.
Download form: Permit Amendment Request
Please submit this form if you would like to consult with Agency staff prior to submission of an application.
Download form: Preapplication Request
Please note: before viewing any of these help documents, be aware that links to help documents are found with each form pertinent to the specific form. You may want to choose a form application first and find help information specific to your needs there.
- Application Instructions for Major Project Permits
- Consulting Aquatic Services in the Adirondacks
- Consulting Engineering Services in the Adirondacks
- Consulting Surveying Services in the Adirondacks
- Consulting Wetland Delineation Services in the Adirondacks
- Local Government Notice Form for Project/Variance Application to the Adirondack Park Agency
- Minor project permit application hand book
- Shoreline Variance Guidance
- Tips for Providing Hard Copy Graphics to the Agency
- Visual Analysis Methodology
Map Amendment Application
Application to amend the Official Adirondack Park Land Use And Development Plan zoning map.
Download form: Map Amendment Application Form
Development projects in New York State
As with any development project in New York State, more than one permit may be required for your proposed activity. more...
Please check with other state agencies and your local town or village office about other regulations that may apply to your project.
Before spending time filling out any forms, it's best to check
with the APA to determine what forms may apply to your project.
For more help, contact us, or see
the Property Owners section, the Citizen's Guide, or documents in Flyers, Guidelines, or Laws, Regulations and Standards.
Filling out forms as completely as possible will aid in a more timely review. For assistance in filling out your forms, please see the instruction booklets indicated in the descriptive list of forms.