Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Some common questions are provided below. Click on a question to view the answer.
- How do I know if I need an APA permit?
- What does the Agency look for when reviewing a project?
- How is my land classified?
- What do I need to know before I buy or sell land?
- Why do wetlands require special protection?
- What is the APA’s jurisdiction in Villages and Hamlets?
- What is a watershed?
- Do shoreline restrictions apply to all projects?
- What can I do to protect the watershed?
- When are public hearings held?
- What are some of the regulated activities reviewed by government agencies in the park?
- Are there any current job openings at the Adirondack Park Agency?
Where do I find information on employment opportunities at the APA?
- What are the mission and vision of the Adirondack Park Agency?
- What is the Agency's regulatory role in relation to business?
- Does every industrial and commercial project require a permit from the Agency?
- What if I want to work out of my home?
- If a permit is required, what is involved?
- How does the Agency decide whether to grant a business related permit?
- How long does it take to get a permit?
Where to Find More Information
As always, please call the APA staff for individual assistance at 518-891-4050. Our receptionist will help direct your call
Who Can Help
See About the Agency for more information about APA program areas and division responsibilities.